5 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT THE STRAND
- •One of our landlords on 4th Avenue was a Stuyvesant. He's the real reason we never closed in the Great Depression.
- •We have closer to 24 miles of books.
- •Patti Smith only worked here for like two weeks. She's our most famous ex-employee but didn't spend years working here.
- •Our owner Fred is 87...and still works almost every day. You can meet him at our buying desk.
- •Our Rare Book Room is available for weddings. You can reenact your childhood fantasies of getting married in a library right in Union Square.