ADVICE FOR BOOK LOVERS ON TINDER
to find love in a (mostly) book-less place. Other tinder alternatives: literary speed dating at Strand. yes, we're serious! http://buff.ly/1QqfSFB
- •DO: List your most impressive reading accomplishment in your bio.This will do you the double benefit of weeding out those weaklings who find your reading appetite intimidating , as well as anyone who appreciates humility & modesty. Will save you A LOT of time.
- •DON'T: Ask what your tinder match likes to read.This is a question your relatives ask you at Thanksgiving. You should up your game because that basic question isn’t going to cut it.
- •DO: Try to guess what your tinder match likes to read.Those 4 profile pics, an alma mater, and an astrological sign are all you really need to make an educated guess. They'll love it. We promise.
- •DO: Post lots of obscure, artsy photos of you and books, of you in libraries, of you reading on your bike...It will show your potential matches how SMART and WELL-READ you are. Plus, its hella cute.
- •DON’T: Ask a book lover to grab drinks.Take them to the Met. Take them walking through Washington Square Park. Then ask them to recreate a life-size Middle Earth replica in Washington Square Park. If they can’t deliver, you probably just aren’t meant to be.
- •DON'T: Take any of this advice seriously.Seriously. We are basically dating our books.