A few Albums that changed my mind
Music is a great catalyst for a change in my perspective on life. This is a list that would continue to grow as long as my ears & soul still work.
- •Stadium Arcadium by RCHPJohn Frusciante's last go round with the band. Rick Rubin produced double album perfection!
- •Dangerous by Michael JacksonI know there are better Mijack albums but I was caught in the buzz and magic of the release when I was a kid
- •Overgrown by James BlakeThis man is a genius period! Title track, Retrograde, I am sold, Life round here
- •A crow left of the murder by IncubusThis made me look up words in the dictionary literally increased my vocabulary and thinking. Here in my room, Southern girl
- •Late Registration by Kanye WestI truly think that The College Dropout's buzz is overrated and people are stuck in that nostalgia. This is a far more coherent and focused work of art that elevates the ideas of the former technically and artistically. Plus I truly realized his rapping prowess on this too. ; crack music, Diamonds from Sierra Leone (original and remix), Gold digger
- •In Our Bedroom after the War by StarsPure Melancholic heaven, Pure!
- •Game theory by The RootsHere I come, False media, Don't feel right, In the music, you can't go wrong with the Roots
- •Quality by Talib KweliKweli always expands your mind; Get by, Rush, Guerilla monsoon rap, Where do we go
- •Finding Forever by CommonThis helped me come out of my shell; The people, The Game, Driving me wild, I want u, u black maybe, Misunderstood
- •Demon days by GorillazDanger mouse produced; lots of gems Dare, El manana, November has come, Dirty Harry, Feel Good inc.
- •My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye WestYeah his best album lyrically, musically, sound wise and the best concept wise too. The drums on All of the lights and Hell of a life, Nicki on Monster, Lyrical content on Gorgeous, Power, Blame game, the raw emotions of Lost in the world, Runaway, So appalled, Devil in a new dress! Wow👌🏿👌🏿👌🏿👌🏿👌🏿
- •Odd Couple by Gnarls BarkleyDanger mouse and Cee lo need to make another album; Who's gonna save my soul now, Blind mary, Neighbors, Would be killer, Whatever
- •More to come