On saying "no"
- •If you're not proud of it, don't serve it.
- •If you can't do a good job, don't take it on.
- •If it's going to distract you from the work that truly matters, pass.
- •If you don't know why they want you to do this, ask.
- •If you need to hide it from your mom, reconsider.
- •If it benefits you but not the people you care about, decline.
- •If you're going along with the crowd, that's not enough.
- •If it creates a habit that costs you in the long run, don't start.
- •If it doesn't move you forward, hesitate then walk away.