Top 5 Spielberg Films
Inspired by @bjnovak
- 1.Jurassic ParkJurassic Park is his most spectacular, precise and audacious. Spielberg’s combination of ground-breaking special effects with cinematic tricks and a resonant sub-plot makes you think that Jurassic Park could legitimately exist at the end of your street.
- 2.Raiders Of The Lost ArkSimply put, Raiders Of The Lost Ark is the most fun you can have in a cinema without getting arrested. It has pretty much everything. Laughs, action, tension and romance, and it’s created in such a concise and simplistic fashion that you find yourself even more engrossed because of how rushed and rugged it is.
- 3.Saving Private RyanThe hand-held camera technique was used in cinema before Saving Private Ryan. But Steven Spielberg’s virtuoso use of the device in his depiction of the Normandy Invasion is so intense and vibrant that he makes it seem pioneering.
- 4.JawsFirst of all, it proved to be so terrifying that people avoided the water much in the same fashion that they avoided the shower following watching Psycho. But more than that it truly changed the cinematic landscape. Rather than being eked into cinemas and having its reputation built up over a few weeks, Universal whacked it into as many screens as possible and built up a huge marketing campaign. This heralded the start of the movie blockbuster, turning cinema into a sport in an instant.
- 5.E.T. the Extra-TerrestrialE.T. is fun for the whole family. Put it on, and your five-year-old niece will get as much joy out of it as your 84-year-old grandfather. In fact, it’s so perpetually timeless that you can imagine the same being said 100 years in the future.