THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY NEIGHBORHOOD
I've lived in the same apartment off the L for four years and it's a little slice of heaven don't tell nobody.
- •Everyone smiles and says hiJust the right amount of interaction with your neighbors.
- •The panini shopOh god it's so good. The NYPD sandwich? fughaddaboutit
- •The mailmanHe has a perm and wears a Bluetooth.
- •Some important people live nearby.
- •My landlord grew up in our building.
- •Babies and dogs!My favorite (dog) is the one with different colored eyes. Finn across the street is my favorite baby.
- •The old pug who lives up the street and walks slowly.Sometimes his owner carries him
- •Parking!We can always find street parking and only have to move the car twice a week.
- •Pizza places and nail salons aplenty.
- •The dog boarding place feeds our cats when we're away.
- •That one tree that only blooms at night in the summerWhat's it called? It's real pretty.
- •The Meat Shop guyIt's a weird place with sawdust floors but the owner leans out the door every morning and says hi to people on their way to work.
- •The old people who sit outsideThe couple next door keeps dog treats under their lawn chairs
- •The pharmacist always remembers my name.He's the only person who calls me Susan.
- •It's nice to have predictability in such a hectic city.