WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE DEPRESSED
Major depression is no joke.
- •All you wanna do is watch tvMostly House Hunters/E/Bravo/TLC/Lifetime
- •You lay on the couch all day because the bed is so far away
- •When you do make it to bed, you never want to leave
- •You stop showering and justify it because it's the weekend anywayYou can't remember the last time you shaved
- •Mac and cheese
- •Social situations are awkward and exhaustingIsolation is preferred
- •You wonder what the fuck you have to do to feel betterHow many support groups do you have to go to, therapists do you have to see, exercise do you have to do, medicines do you have to take, for it to go away?
- •You alternate between sweet and salty foodsHoping that your comfort foods will do their job
- •You cryIn the bathroom, on the street when it's dark out, at your secret cry spot at work.
- •You pray
- •You listen to Ani DiFrancoSometimes Adele
- •You only wear athlesiureElastic waistband ftw
- •You think about calling your momEh, too much work.
- •You consider contacting your therapist ASAP even though you have an appointment in the morning.
- •You watch Bravo.So much Bravo.
- •And snuggle with your cat.
- •And hope that your fiancé gets home soon
- •And know that you're going to be ok, you're doing your best. This is just chemicals and it, too, shall pass. 🙏🏽