Albums That Changed My Life
High school: I had a 25-disc CD changer and it was the shit.
- •Smashing Pumpkins / Siamese DreamWhen "Alternative Music" was really a thing. This was the first band I saw live (Mellon Collie Tour).
- •Portishead / DummyThis bloompy electro was so weird and sexy-cool and I will never not love the shit out of it. I first heard it on the listening station at Borders, back when that was cool.
- •Laura Veirs / Year of MeteorsRomantic and visual and rocking; a perfect album for getting over/wallowing in unrequited love.
- •Talking Heads / More Songs About Buildings And FoodWhen I found the Talking Heads, it was like I knew what it really meant to feel COOL. This album is the bomb bomb bombity bomb.
- •Spoon / Kill The MoonlightThis album means warm weather, road trips, and summertime shenanigans to me.