Books I Have Read More Than Once
My first li.st!
- •"Hope: A Tragedy" by Shalom AuslanderAbsurdist Jewish dark humor is absolutely my jam. Or my schmear.
- •"Breakfast of Champions" by Kurt VonnegutFreshman year of high school (1995): My best friend Jessi said, "You've gotta check out this weird book I found in the library. There's even drawings of underwear and hamburgers in it."
- •"Skipped Parts" by Tim SandlinThe first book of the GroVont Trilogy, full of weird inappropriate and awkward sex scenes and darkly humorous conversations. I purchased one of the books because the cover looked interesting. Then I realized it was part of a trilogy and went back to the start. I read the trilogy so many times I actually got rid of it once, then repurchased it because it's too good.
- •"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen ChboskyI love coming-of-age stories, and what '90s teen doesn't love this one?
- •"I Was Told There'd Be Cake" by Sloane CrosleyWeird personal essays involving collections of plastic ponies? Absolutely.