Last Night's Whiskey & Tarot Shenanigans
My friend Nicole and I have been throwing around the idea of a tarot reading night at her place and we finally made it happen. Here's a synopsis of the events that transpired.
- •She made us Bulleit Manhattans in mason jars.Maybe not the best drinking vessel for someone like me who really needs to keep track of exact number of cocktails.
- •We talked about all the cool projects she had done during her recent funemployment.She made some pallet shelves, curtains, a wall pegboard for new pots and pans. This is a crafty and handy woman. Oh, later she told me that she had just installed a new sink and faucet. Why not?
- •She read my TarotShe uses the Medicine Woman deck, which I hadn't used before. More female-centered than other decks. I took notes but later forgot them in my drunken exit.
- •We talked about local business, about local women running for office, and about the political data analysis job she had done as a consultant that had just ended, though she was hoping to maybe be rehired.Seriously, she is one of the coolest people I know. So politically involved and effing hilarious.
- •We consumed an entire large bag of Smartfood popcorn.That was my contribution to the evening.
- •Apparently we consumed the entire bottle of whiskey.This should have been a warning sign.
- •She received a text from her boss at the campaign offering her that job, while we were hanging out!Badass.
- •My ride came to get me and we went home.Memories from here on are spotty but do involve, unfortunately, a fair amount of vomiting.
- •Lessons learned: Don't attempt to drink-match your most badass friend, and don't fucking drink Manhattans from mason jars.