Ms. Grumpy Pants
This hard-to-fit and even harder-to-please customer is moving higher on my shit list every time she comes in.
- •Customer (irate): "I bought these socks and when I washed them before wearing them, the elastic came out and the sock fell apart."
- •Me: "I'm sorry about that."I look at sock, it looks perfect to me. She turns it inside out and points at a single thread. If you look at any machine-knit sock ever you are likely to see this.
- •Customer: "See there? The elastic is coming apart. I don't want them."
- •Me: "I'm happy to replace them for you."
- •Customer: "No."Loudly places personal belongings on counter.
- •Me: "Ok, well, I can give you store credit."
- •Customer: "No. I want my money."
- •Me: "We don't give refunds."
- •Customer: "You don't, huh? I want cash."
- •Me: "Well, ok. I will make an exception."In my head: To get you to leave as soon as possible.
- •I process the refund and give her cash.
- •Customer (sweetly) : "So, how's business been?"
- •Me: "Um."