Welcome to the Dead Zone 💀 of Retail
Also known as "February".
- •It's snowing.Not heavily, but steadily all day.
- •First customer comes in, wants to claim a worn item purchased 15 months ago as defective.No.
- •Then she asks me for a silent auction donation for her non-profit. Some auxiliary something-or-other.Gah.
- •Mailman delivers.Catalogs. No bills, though!
- •Weekly meeting with bookkeeper.One of the loans can get paid. Rent will have to wait.
- •Landlord comes in with fire🔥safety inspector for yearly check.New fire extinguisher!
- •Assistant comes in for shift.
- •Banker comes in with some paperwork.My 2014 tax returns. Totally forgot he had them.
- •Sales Rep shows up for appointment.He's in the store for 1.5 hours. No customers.
- •Another customer comes in to exchange an item.Blah.
- •Phone call from some University student organization, asking for a donation.Seriously, don't ask me for things in February.
- •I leave to go to an appointment; decide to just go home when I'm done.I don't cut my employee's hours because it's all estimated in my payroll and I don't want to screw her over. She is extremely productive and gets all the things done (and more).
- •Assistant texts end of day update: No biz.I'm not surprised.
- •Is it time for a drink yet?
- •Welcome to February!