Just a few things I'm into lately
Hi List! I miss you; work's been busy but you're looking fine as hell.
- •Mario RunThe most addictive iPhone game I can remember since my Candy Crush haze. I love it so much I know I'm going to have to delete it from my phone soon.
- •Watching the Dick Van Dyke show on NetflixI used to spend all my "greatest sitcom of all time" energy advocating for Cheers > Seinfeld, but lately I'm on a new kick: Rob and Laura. This show is so incredibly charming, clever, and way less dated than you assume. The walnut episode is one of the weirdest episodes of TV ever. Cannot recommend highly enough.
- •Australian Cattle Dogs / Blue HeelersI met this dog at a ranch we were airbnbing (she turned out to be a neighbor's) and I haven't been able to get her out of my head. Now all I want is to adopt a cattle dog mix and feel what I felt with Dale again. (We called her Dale, after Dale Evans.)
- •The song "Snowqueen of Texas" by the Mamas and the PapasI have not dug too deep in the Mamas and the Papas discography, so I heard this song for the first time a few weeks ago and it immediately became one of my, dare I say it, favorite songs of all time. https://open.spotify.com/track/09jDQcg0LkTWH9NEVtYB43
- •Kung Pao tofu at Han DynastyBest lunch adjacent to Union Square. Call it Handy Nasty if yr 😎.
- •Fake eyelashesI used to think press on lashes were only for Halloween but I have changed my ways! They are not for everyday but on a fancy date night or a good party they are the best makeup trick in the book. You'll feel v pretty v fast if you can manage to apply them without getting glue all over your face (it took me a few tries).
- •Miyoko's vegan mozzarellaI've never had such a melty vegan cheese. It's perfect for pizzas or for the best sandwich I've ever eaten when I was camping a few weeks ago and I melted it in a pudgie pie iron with bread, popcorn tofu, onions, and jalepenos. 👅