Animals I Wanted as Pets Before the Age of 12
My childhood consisted of trips to nonfiction section of the library where I researched my latest animal obsession. I used PowerPoint presentations to convince my parents that we needed the following animals.
- •LlamaThey actually only spit if they're highly provoked. I would've been happy with an alpaca instead.
- •FerretI used the think that they were so cute, but my parents especially hated them.
- •Hyacinth MacawThese macaws are endangered and cost $10,000.
- •Domesticated gooseI don't know why...
- •Guinea pigsMy sister eventually got a Guinea pig after I was older. He was the most boring pet we ever had.
- •Dairy goatOne of my main obsessions during my childhood. I convinced my mom to buy me goat milk even though everyone else hated it.
- •Sugar gliderAww...
- •Miniature dachshundI flirted with various dog breeds, and I got a miniature dachshund when I was in high school. His name is Mr. Darcy and he lives with my parents now.
- •ShireHad to be the biggest and baddest horse around.
- •Mustang adopted from the BLMOr formerly wild would do.
- •Jersey CalfWhen I was in 4-H (yes, ha) I wanted to hand raise a dairy calf.
- •Oscar fishThese fish are related to piranhas and require a diet of live goldfish.
- •Ragdoll catI had cats all of my life, but these fluffy, floppy cats were my ultimate dream.
- •Doberman PinscherMy parents despised these dogs, but they didn't understand.