A note to the class of 2016
I'm not in a position to give advice about what to do after high school, but here's one thing I learned/wish I did definitely.
- •Don't take a year off between high school and college.
- •It may seem like a good: a break from school, save up money, have fun.
- •But it's a bad idea, because a year later you will have nothing to show for it,
- •All your friends will be a year ahead of you,
- •Going back to school will be so much harder,
- •And you'll have tacked on an additional year of working a crappy part time job,
- •And you'll be a year further away from working a job you're passionate about.
- •So, don't be like me.
- •Don't take a year off.