Thanks @BookClub for the great prompts! Emojis I would use to describe the characters.
- •Lancelot-💩But like, I still like him and want his marriage to work out. He seems very whiny, and reminds me a lot of Holden Caulfield, but I haven't given up hope on him yet.
- •Mathilde-👼🏼🔜😈The first half of the book, she's described as a saint and perfect, but that all went out the window rather quickly with Chollie's orchestrated bombshell. It's interesting that their marriage lasted this long, and that Lotto still thinks her perfect. I guess selfishness can do that. I can't wait to start the second half of the book and see her side of everything, and to really get to know her, not Lotto's version of her.
- •Chollie-🍆This guy... Ugh, what a dick. He's kind of just super annoying and not really likable in any sense of the word. And his little stunt with the wine? Like, what's up with that? (Unless he found out that Lotto witnessed his wife/girlfriend cheating.)
- •Rachel-👧🏼She's like, not young anymore and has a wife/partner, and three kids, and I still just think of her as the little girl that Lotto left at the airport. This is probably because she's not mentioned very often in the book, as Lotto seems to be too busy with his career/marriage/himself. She's still waiting in the airport, and she'll probably stay there forever, abandoned by her brother. Also, I'm super curious how her mother reacted to Elizabeth? Maybe this is why she married a man?
- •Muvva-🖕🏼I tried to find a witch emoji, but I guess that doesn't exist. But seriously, this woman is awful. She had so much hope for her son, and thought him perfect (like mother like son?) and then couldn't handle that her perfect little angel was flawed. And then, she was so heartbroken that she never left the house let poor, sweet little Rachel suffer, and caused her to resent her brother. Gah, seriously, poor Rachel. She's the really hero of the book. Also, she should have tried harder to reconnect.
- •Sadie-👵🏼She's the real mother of Rachel and Lotto. She's certainly not perfect, but at least she loves them despite their flaws.
- •God-❤️🐶❤️I love this adorable little creature, and her adorable little name, and her adorable little everything. I want her😘