BABYNIECE ❤️S DOGS: A GLIMPSE INTO THE MIND OF A 5 YEAR OLD
Setting the stage: babyniece loves dogs. Her dog Bruno is referred to as her buddy and her brother. Yesterday she started dropping honeymoon in a conversation. I asked her where she heard it and what it meant. TV and "a trip?" were her answers. So today she comes into the room and the following happens:
- •"Bruno and I kissed!"Me: puzzled/slightly grossed out face. I like dogs. I don't like licking dogs.
- •She leaves the room
- •She runs back in
- •"Bruno and I are going on our honeymoon!"She announces
- •"Did you get married?"I ask
- •"Not yet"She answers
- •"Let's go to sleep and then we're leaving on our honeymoon!"She then lays on her bed and pretend sleeps for 10'seconds, with snores, obviously.
- •"Where ya going?"I asked.
- •"The ocean"Runs out again
- •"We kissed again!"She announces. Then we moved on to other activities of play
- •Later that dayWe go to where I am house/dog sitting. She starts playing with the dog, Shiloh. She declares she loves her and is her new favorite dog (tied with Aslan, another dog I watch).
- •"Forget this, I am not marrying my brother!"She declares
- •"I'm marrying Shiloh!"She proceeds to just hug this dog. Dog is unsure how to deal with so much love from the tiny human.
- •Kisses!Lots more kissing and the dog licking her face.
- •"Ok, let's go on our honeymoon"And then grabbed the ball and started playing fetch.