GUYS, I ALMOST HIT A KID: VOLUME II.
This one was definitely darker and more truly angering than the last time: GUYS, I ALMOST HIT A KID
- •This is on the table in front of me. Kid stops, looks at it and says...
- •Kid: "I don't know why we still celebrate 9/11"
- •My actual face: 😶
- •Me: "I'm sorry, what did you just say?"
- •Kid: "I mean, it was on purpose you know"
- •[still with a dumbfounded look on my face] "Had you even been born when it happened?"
- •Kid: "I'm 17"
- •Me: " ok. So you were 2. I don't think you understand just how bad it was..."
- •Kid: "Yeah but I saw a video. There was a firefighter and when he was in the first building he heard a second explosion. Before the 2nd plane hit. Plus there's no way the jet fuel would have done that."
- •Me: 😶➡️😳➡️😒➡️😠
- •Kid, continues: "But like ISIS is killing so many people and no ones doing nothing"
- •Me: "So you don't think we should remember and honor all of those who died and gave their lives that day?"
- •Kid: "No one is. I drove around with my flag and no one else did"
- •[luckily, he walked away. I was SUPER fired up. And just upset and sad that this generation is so removed. It blew my mind. Especially since he didn't want to dialogue about it. Set in his oh-so-wise-at-17 mind. Hopefully, some day, he matures]