HOW TO CREATE THE NEARLY PERFECT AESTHETICALLY PLEASING FRUIT SALAD WHEN YOU ARE A FRUIT SNOB
Ideally, I would have gone to my friend's house and picked my own peaches and nectarines but oh well. "Nearly perfect"
- •Strawberries are a good starting pointBought from a local stand. Sadly, a little late in the season so not as flavorful and giant sized as earlier this summer.
- •Add some blackberries
- •Yup, blueberries. Do it.
- •Cut some grapes in half and throw them in, why not
- •Perfect yellow peach. Cut that bad boy up
- •Yellow nectarine. Mhmm. Cut in pieces. Put those pieces in the bowl
- •Pluot. My favorite fruit. Must go in salad. This is the best time of the year.
- •And then I discovered there's a new hybrid fruit at The Fruit Barn. Plucterine. Pluot + nectarine. Oh yeah, it's delicious. INTO THE SALAD!
- •Famous Turlock Honeydew. Half of that, into the salad!!
- •Orange Flesh Melon (not to be confused with cantaloupe. Not. The. Same.) half of it, into the bowl
- •Begin the mixing process. Squirt in a little lemon juice to help the fruit not to brown.
- •LOOK. AT. THAT. PERFECTION.
- •Scoop into a bowl. Summer dinner. Happy tummy.
- •I would apologize for making you all jealous, but, it's too delicious.