IT IS THAT MAGICAL TIME OF YEAR WHEN MY SPOILED TUMMY IS THE HAPPIEST (OR WHY I AM A FRUIT SNOB)
I live in the Central Valley of California. We have the best fruit. This is a truth fact. 💯
- •I can go to friends houses and pick my own fruitWhile watching the train roll by.
- •Babyniece and I go often. I'm raising her in my fruit snob ways.That is a giant plum.
- •Apricot season was delicious and it's never long enough.
- •Same with the boysenberriesI picked those bad boys and made a cobbler with blueberries I got at our farmers market. It was AMAZING.
- •But NOW is THE BEST TIME.
- •Have you ever had a hybrid fruit?
- •My heart and tummy were first won over by the Pluot. It's a plum and apricot hybrid.
- •It's amazing. Ten years ago I worked in a fruit stand for the summer and got to try one for the first time and it changed my life. There's no taste like it.
- •And now there's so many different varieties! The dinosaur egg one isn't ripe yet but...
- •This is flavor grenade. Behind it is a new one called Splash.
- •Not sure the variety but it might just be standard Pluot.
- •But this glorious bastard came into my life last year.
- •Life changing.
- •And peach season is kicking into high gear. Wooooooo!
- •From May to August, my diet is roughly 30% Taco Bell 45% fresh fruit 25% other food
- •And it is good.