MY MOVIE OBSESSIONS: THE LION KING EDITION
Getting paid to watch The Lion King today and it is TOTALLY taking me back to how obsessed I was with this movie.
- •Had a watch with Timon and Pumbaa. It had grubs on the band and said slimy yet satisfying on the face.Just tried to find a pic of it on google to no avail.
- •The Legend of Scar's Scar: the sequel I dreamed upAnd would tell anyone who would listen that it was a genius idea.
- •Reading everything I could find about itWhich in the pre internet days was basically just reading this Disney Adventures over and over again
- •Stuffed Simba, Pumbaa, and Timon. Tracked down at the Disney Store. Wish I still had them.
- •Watching the Singalong Songs VHS over and overSeriously look at the songs on that one. How could you not watch it over and over again?!
- •Posters from the flea market and the fair on my wall.
- •Lion king calendar also on my wall.
- •Set of Lion King markers and stickers and stationary that I used to send notes to all my pen pals.
- •Quoted it so much that multiple people acknowledged it when they signed my Jr high yearbook.
- •I remember exactly where I was in the movie theater the first time I saw it. It was the first time I cried in the theater and that moment still gets me every single time.
- •Being obsessed with the cast (obviously, JTT 😍) and learning everything u could about them and the movie itselfI was Very proud that I knew it was the first movie to really utilize the computer to help with the animation (wildebeest stampede scene) and how the animators went and studied real lions. I thought it was a Movie Surfers Disney Channel special that gave me this knowledge but apparently those didn't start until 1997. But somehow I watched and learned.
- •And obviously still having the entire thing menorized 22 years later.
- •And as a grownup being SOOOOO excited to share it with my niece. And this happened: SHOWED MY 4 YEAR OLD NIECE THE LION KING FOR THE FIRST TIME...
- •Hakuna Matata 4EVER.