PHOTOS FROM A 7TH GRADE FOODS BOOK: CHAPTER 7 "THE COOK'S TOOLS"
Subbing today and the kids are all dying at the "modern" technology featured in this textbook "Adventures in Food and Nutrition!" (published in 1997, apparently)
- •Electric KnifeThis one really threw them off. "Why would you need that?!" I tried to explain how cool your dad was in the 80s when he cut the meat with that electric knife but they weren't having it
- •Toaster OvenHas anyone ever cooked a chicken in a toaster oven? Is that a real thing that can happen?
- •CoffeemakerThese kids and their kreuig and their Starbucks drive thrus...
- •Popcorn popperThis was one of the favorite items in my house growing up. I totally wish I still had one.
- •Ice cream makerI think my grandpa still has this model.
- •Waffle ironTotally the one my parents had growing up.
- •Measuring tools
- •Cutting toolsBoning knife obviously got all the jokes from a group of 7th grade boys
- •Mixing tools
- •CookwareOne the questions they had to answer was what is the difference between saucepan and pot "hehe a saucepan you cook sauce in but a pot you hehehe cook hehehe..."
- •Serving utensilsThat's some high class plastic, y'all.