PODCASTS LISTENED TO ON THIS WEEKEND'S ROADTRIP
Turlock to Palm Springs to Orange County to LA to Turlock.
- •The West Wing WeeklyI'd been binging this one and so I only listened to one (2.04) this trip. But it's so good if you enjoyed the West Wing.
- •WTF with Marc MaronI had previously started the Billy Crystal episode and finally got to finish it. And it was magical. My love of Billy Crystal is boundless.
- •The Bill Simmons PodcastI'd had this Key and Peele one saved for awhile. And it was fantastic, as expected.
- •NerdistI did a bunch of these and they were great. And some were surprisingly motivating and good for my soul. I listened to....
- •Sharlto CopleyHonest to goodness, I picked this one because I was hoping they'd deep dive into his role in the A-Team movie. But dammit if this one didn't hit punch me in a good way. Just the way they talked about how they kept chasing their dreams and all the work they did and it just met me where I'm at right now, struggling to really figure out what I want to do with my life and how to chase my passion. Highly recommend.
- •Punch BrothersGreat band that I enjoy and who play beautiful magical music, and the episode opens and closes with them playing. And it was just an interesting listen overall.
- •Owen WilsonI've had a massive crush on him for oh so very long. And I still do.
- •Connie BrittonTurns out her and Hardwick are old friends and this felt like hanging out with both of them.
- •Keanu ReevesThis was less than a half hour but it was absolutely wonderful. I have also harbored a life long crush on Keanu. (It's a well known fact that if you're playing Apples to Apples with me and play the Keanu Reeves card, you'll automatically win). He revealed his desire to make a truly romantic musical and I pray it happens someday so I can be there opening night.
- •Andy SambergI was in traffic on the 10 and LAUGHING MY ASS OFF. This one was before he hosted the Emmys. And him and Hardwick riffing and brainstorming had me rolling.
- •Steve WeingerAladdin, himself! Some looking back at his teen acting days and how he got into tv writing. This was recorded when he was working on black-ish and Galavant (RIP). Plus some inside Disney voiceover stuff.
- •Anna Faris is UnqualifiedBeen wanting to check this one for awhile and the last stretch of the 99 felt like as good a time as any. They skype with strangers and give them relationship advice. Was a good time!
- •Chris Evans and Jenny SlateThis one was recorded back when she was married. And they were on to give advice as an example of platonic friendship. And now.....😬😂 I've gotta say, it was delightful to hear Evans keep saying Jenny😉😍 😂 also, Chris Pratt joined in too. A good listen, and you learn if Chris Evans is a boob or butt guy.
- •Aubrey PlazaChris Pratt's real life and TV wives. Giving relationship advice. Good cop and bad cop. Wild guess which is which 😂 also, Pratt and J Law call in from the Passengers set.