SO YOU WANNA BE HIP WITH THE KIDS THESE DAYS...SLANG EDITION
Second in a series SO YOU WANNA BE HIP WITH THE KIDS THESE DAYS...
- •RoastMy generation would have said Burn. When you put someone in their place using only your vicious rhetoric. Example: (after I've told a student they're a idiot, without actually calling them an idiot) "OOOOOH, Miss Smith just ROASTED you!!!"
- •SavageExtreme badass. Fearless. A boss. Used as a noun, adjective and basically for whatever other part of speech they think that that can make it work.
- •GucciCool. Good.
- •LitHella cool. "Yo, that was Lit!" (Not to be confused with the rock band Lit who gave us My Own Worst Enemy)
- •TriggeredUsed way too frequently and usually in the wrong context. Thanks, internet culture.
- •BONUS! Drop either of these next two in conversation and the kids will be instantly interested.
- •HarambeThey are still OBSESSED with Harambe. Will drop it into conversation whenever they can, whenever it could be potentially relevant...but more than likely not. I had to ban it from my classrooms.
- •EbolaI don't know why but they are still fascinated with Ebola. Do they know what it actually is? Nope. But they will yell it at the top of their lungs whenever asked about anything remotely having to do with an illness or something of the like. I don't get it.