Best spicy snack foods
for when you need some spice but lack it elsewhere in life
- •1. Turbos FlamasI always swore by Takis until a kid at work turned me on to these. They only sell them at Fiesta Mart and certain gas stations in town so they are kind of a pain to get ahold of, but other than caffeine and sugar these are the only other things I've ever been seriously addicted to.
- •2. TakisThought they were just a noisy, hand dyeing snack shared by middle school aged boys out of their hoodie pockets? Wrong! These chips are hands down one of the greatest breakfast, lunch, or dinner options when mild food just isn't doing it for you anymore. A full bag is very likely to give you diarrhea, but we all make sacrifices for the things we love.
- •3. Chili Lemon Corn NutsThese can only be found at Sprouts and they don't always carry them. I went through a very serious obsession with these a few years back and it was probably for the best that their availability became more sporadic. These are less spicy and a bit more lemony, but were an important stepping stone on my road to finding the perfect spicy snack food.
- •4. LokitosThese are the HEB brand version of Takis and they're honestly a very close competitor. The powder used on them is a little bit finer and it dyes your fingers even worse than regular Takis but they're also a little bit spicier which is nice sometimes.
- •5. Flamin' Hot Límon CheetosI'm not all about spicy snacks unless they have some citrus also, so these Cheetos are much better than those of the ordinary Flamin' Hot variety in my opinion.
- •6. Flamin' Hot FunyunsThese only fall below Cheetos because they offer no lime option, also sometimes the onioniness gets old after awhile. I do enjoy eating them more for they're shape though.
- •7. Flamin' Hot MunchiesThey used to sell these in the dormitory market and my roommate and I would go through bags of them and make ourselves sick but they're great because they have chips which aren't ordinarily offered in a flamin' hot flavor like Sun Chips. I'm not sure if Munchies exist in markets outside of college campuses, but they're worth the trip if not.
- •8. Sriracha & Lime Pretzel CrispsI love pretzels and though I usually prefer them plain or cheese flavored, these feel somewhat more fulfilling than regular pretzels. Also they're flat which is for some reason fun.