Neil Diamond Songs John Mayer Should Cover
It's been said before that there are two types of people in this world. I know which I am, and I hope @john is with me. All songs selected from the Neil Diamond compilation "Gold"
- •I Am...I SaidI thought of the idea of @john covering Neil Diamond listening to this song one day. I think it was the turns of phrase of living in LA and New York and the idea of home. There is a similar quality in the tone of they're voices when they sing lower. There is an honesty in John's voice that also contains a certain resolve that he could pull it off without it being depressing.
- •And The Singer Sings His Songs
- •And The Grass Won't Pay No MindA throwback to Your Body Is A Wonderland era love (making) song.
- •If I Never Knew Your NameAnother love song @john could easily pull off. Something about the vocal delivery seems to fit, plus the falsetto.
- •Both Sides Now
- •I Think It's Going To Rain Today
- •Song Sung Blue"Me and you are subject to the blues now and then, but when you take the blues and make a song, you sing them out again."
- •Play MeA love song of a woman, or God, or is he singing about a guitar?
- •Sweet CarolineThis album (we have an album's worth!) is a little depressing, here's something a little more upbeat.