Things That Taste Like My Childhood
From my childhood growing up in southern india in the 90s
- •MangosSliced, lassi-ed, chutney-ed, raw and topped with chilli salt.. You name it.
- •The smell of July rain
- •IdlisPillow-soft steaming hot idlis with sambar and chutney and molagapodi. For breakfast.
- •Filter coffeeRainy evenings sipping piping hot caramelly filter coffee from steel dabaras
- •Bajji ( pakoras)Freshly fried Mixed bajji on the beach with the salty breeze in your hair and sand in your toes
- •And now that I've made myself really hungry.. I'm going to go make myself bajjis. Byeee.