My neighborhood is losing everything that once made it special.
- •Next door to me is a faceless branch of some random bank. But before that, there used to be a different bank in that space. Now that other, different bank is just a distant memory.
- •Across the street, there's an empty space where the Circuit City used to sit. It really anchored the block and I miss it everyday. I just hope some faceless corporate giant doesn't move in.
- •The lifeblood of any neighborhood is the bookstore. Well, guess what? The Barnes and Noble that served my community is long gone. These days it's all about e-books, I guess.
- •Want Pinkberry? Tough, it's gone. In its place is some bullshit yuppie juice bar.
- •UPDATE: Rumor has it that my local grocery store, Whole Foods, is moving out and some fancypants health food store is moving in. This is madness.