I'm sure there are other movies I'm not thinking of, but these were the first to come to mind.
- •Gleaming The CubePretty sure this was the movie that got me into skateboarding. I saw this movie when I was super young, like, 7 or 8. For years after that I searched for this movie, and it's weird to say that now with the way technology is and how easily it is to just look something up. At some point they called it, A Brothers Justice, which may be the reasoning for it being so hard to track down. A few years ago I dated a girl who found it on DVD for me, and it was one of the best days ever.
- •JumperIf you've never dreamt/wished you could be in another place by just looking at a picture at the blink of an eye you probably have no imagination. This movie was awesome. I mean, tbh, the acting wasn't all that great, but just the idea of having these powers kept me intrigued throughout the whole film. There were talks of a part two, but no new news as of 2012 😢
- •Wes Anderson catalogueWes Anderson is a genius. Plan and simple. I'm not sure if there's an exact terminology for his style of cinematography, but the way everything has been so meticulously arranged from the dialogue to costume and set design to even the coloring of the film it all fits together like a puzzle. I couldn't choose just one of his films, but these are my top.
- •Back To The Future I & III say only one and two because three was kinda 💤 I mean, he goes back into time, which was cool. Then he goes into the future, which is even cooler although completely off, but what did we know back then of what today would be like. But then they decide to go even further back?...O..k? Idk. Seemed like they were trying too hard. I think this movie came out during the trilogy era, so maybe that's why they pushed for the third.
- •Star Wars IV V VIProbably my first introduction to the sic-fi world these films not only helped
- •Ferris Bueller's Day OffJohn Hughes ruled the 80's. He brought us some of the best films of that era including The Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink, 16 Candles, Weird Science, and of course Ferris Bueller. Ferris was the cool kid we all wanted to be once we got to high school. He was friends with everyone, genius best friend who we could suspect probably helped Ferris get through school, and of course he had the super hot girl. Dude has the total package and not a care in the world. White privilege at it's finest.
- •Best of 411 vm 1This was probably the first skate video I ever owned. 411 changed the game with skate videos with their by monthly subscription it was so awesome coming home to a new episode. With different categories like, Profiles, Wheels of Fortune, Switchstance, even had commercials, they really changed the way we watched skate videos. Eric Koston and Jason Lee became my favorite skaters because of this video. I wish 411 was still around.