Girls Just Wanna Have Fun(ny Stuff to Watch on Netflix)
Top Female Comic Specials on Netflix...this isn't long because they barely make up 15% of current stand up specials.
- 1.Ali Wong: Baby CobraOne of the funniest women around, oh yeah and she's super pregnant while bouncing around on stage proving that it is not in fact a disease, disability, or contagious.
- 2.ChelseaChelsea Handler defies every rule (something new and different for her!) and joins Samantha Bee in the ranks of female late night hosting....only she doesn't have a time slot, network, or regular air date...Because she's Chelsea and she can do that(and that's a good thing)-current favorite: episode 3
- 3.Sofia NiñoA female comic special is hard enough to find, but a hilarious female special in Spanish with English subtitles made my heart skip a beat. Five minutes in, when I was sure it wasn't a gimmick and would indeed be all Spanish all the time I uttered a sound resembling a minion...whaaaaaat??!!! Yay! AND SHE'S HILARIOUS!
- 4.Jen Kirkman: I'm Gonna Die Alone (And I Feel Fine)I just got back from my sister's wedding after which I had a nightmare that I was getting married despite my attempts to run away screaming (everyone kept dragging me back). I woke up pissed at my friends and oddly hungry (must've been all that running). Jen Kirkman's special was basically an hour of validating my post nightmare feelings. Preach Jen, PREACH!
- 5.Anjelah Johnson: Not FancyNot only do female comedians exist, female Mexican/Native American comedians exist and her name is Anjelah Johnson. She's about four characters in one and by 20 minutes into this packed special it already feels like a double feature.
- 6.Iliza Shlesinger: Freezing HotThere is something obvious about Iliza's (can I call her Iliza? are we on a first name basis? feels like we are) comedy. She's the funny best friend you always wanted to make it, 'cause we all probably have an Iliza in our life who cracks us up talking about jackets, big bags, and clutches. Who makes jackets funny? She does.
- 7.TigA documentary of Tig's journey through her mother's death and cancer, which she famously announced on stage shortly after learning her diagnosis, this special is funnier than you think. In a "seriously, you can't make this stuff up" tale of tragic comedy, even Tig's breathing is funny.