BOOKS I LOVE
- •Speak by Laurie Halse AndersonThis book is so relevant. I first read it in high school and it helped me understand the world around me and made me feel understood all at the same time.
- •Yes Please by Amy PoehlerEven before I read this book, I always felt like Amy and I would be best friends. Then I read it and KNEW we would be best friends just from the fact that she talks about falling off a treadmill once and hurting her ankle. She was angry at first but then she realized she still got credit for working out without actually having to workout. This paragraph alone is my life.
- •Saint Anything by Sarah DessenSarah dedicated this book to all the invisible girls. I always felt invisible until I got the attention of someone who had no business looking at me. This book understood what that is like and it came into my life when I needed it the most.
- •The Perks of Being a WallflowerIn many ways this book has now become a cliche, which is so sad because it is so good. It is relevant, smart, funny, and challenging. Plus, Ezra Miller is in the movie and he's one of the most underrated actors of all time.
- •The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime by Mark HaddonI read this book in high school and it didn't change my life but it did help me understand kids with autism and what their parents go through in a way I never had before.