Things That My Students Ask Me on a Daily Basis
And the responses that I wish I could give.
- •Are we gonna do work today?Nope. Today, we're taking a much needed break. Just don't ask my any questions from here until the end of the period.
- •Do I have this right?No. Put seven times three into your calculator. Does it give you 48? How does that even make sense?
- •Can you check my work?No.
- •Can I go to the restroom?Yes.
- •What's today's date?😒
- •When are we gonna use this in real life?Never. But you need it to pass the eighth grade according to the state of Texas.
- •How old are you?83
- •Do you have candy?Do you have candy?
- •Am I passing?When you must ask this question, there's a big chance you're not. You probably have a grade somewhere between a 69 and 50. I can't give anyone lower than a 50. It's unfair.
- •Can you play music?Yes. I am taking no requests.
- •Miss, I don't get it...That's not a question.
- •Are you mad?Yes.
- •How much longer til the bell?I've been asking myself the same question since class started.
- •Do I have to do this?No. You don't.