Want to live in Alaska? Pros and Cons.
As a 42 year resident of The Last Frontier you can trust me. Or not.
- •Pro: it's really really pretty.Con: it's winter almost all the fucking time.
- •Pro: in the summer we have daylight 24 hours a day.Con: waking up at 3 o'clock- but you don't know if it's a.m. or p.m. and you freak.
- •Con: Tourists. Thousands and thousands of older people in brand new Patagonia and Lands End.Pro: you can avoid them by not going downtown or any tourist attractions.
- •Pro: Wildlife, up close and personal.Cons: wildlife, up close and hungry.
- •Con: 97% of the state is only accessible by small plane or boat.Pro: great place to own a plane or boat.
- •Con: we can't drive to our own state Capitol.Pro: we can't drive to our own state Capitol.
- •Pro: Alaska is 3 times the size of TexasCon: every fucking map ever shows us as a tiny island, floating out in the Pacific next to Hawaii.
- •Pro: we have great restaurants, breweries, hiking trails, clean air and plenty of clean water.Con: waaaaay too many hipsters.
- •Pro: the State gives us money every October.Con: it's stupid expensive to live here the other 11 months.