MOVIE GENRES MY MOM HATES
- •MusicalsI have no idea how I am the child of a woman who doesn't like musicals. If I could sing I would wake up every morning singing "Good Morning Baltimore" but my mom is not having that break out of song and dance. Damn.
- •Anything indieI genuinely just think she thinks it's pretentious art school bs and she's right to a certain extent. But she dismisses it without giving it a chance.
- •Animated"I watched cartoons when I was a child". She leaves the room when I watch Pixar.
- •HorrorI agree with her on this one. I want to be pleasantly distracted for 90 minutes. Not nearing a panic attack. Hard pass from both of us.
- •Slapstick comediesThese are hit or miss for me but she is just disgusted by them.
- •FantasyShe will not be a part of the Twilight, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or Matrix cult following.