THINGS I LEARNED THIS MORNING BETWEEN 5:30 AND 7AM
I'm working the early shift at work and I am gleaning endless wisdom
- •The Facebook cafeteria workers have phenomenal taste in musicLots of old school R&B and hip hop including "if I ruled the world" and "same ol' g"
- •New York is DIGUSTINGThis is more of a reminder than a new lesson, but on my way to work I passed by a pile of stray shoes, what looked like GIANT puddles of throw up, and several dogs pooping in the middle of the sidewalk (so glad I've been wearing sandals all summer!)
- •My commute is terrible for sunrises, good for sunsetsBut I did see the reflection of the sun in all the shiny midtown buildings
- •No one drives before 7am other than sanitation workers
- •But lots of people bikeYay bikes!
- •The weather is perfectIt's going to be record breakingly hot in New York today but WHATEVER not at 6am it's not
- •The early bird gets the wormAnd by that I mean breakfast. I'm going to be the first person at breakfast.