WORST THINGS ABOUT MONTREAL
This is so easy @josh. Too easy.
- •The potholes / general condition of the roads / bridges / etc.Also, the construction. It's always everywhere and never seems to fix anything.
- •The fact that there's only one sports team. It makes us look like crazy token Canadians.
- •The tension between the French and English communities.Why can't we all just get along and be pumped to be bilingual?
- •The lack of robust English media.The Gazette is our only daily paper and it is actually the worst.
- •Separatism.How many cities are located in states or provinces that have formal political parties dedicated to seceding from the rest of their country? Well, we are, and it's horrible.
- •The general lack of work opportunities, especially for native English speakers.I can't speak to being a francophone here, but most of my English-speaking friends have had to decamp to Toronto or elsewhere (myself included) to find work.
- •THE WINTER. Oh god damn the winters.
- •The village feel of it.There is the perpetual threat of running into someone you know. Or someone who knows your parents. Or your grandparents.