No need to comment, kind of just ranting here.
- •Do you know that feeling when you keep trying to wave someone down.
- •Like you're waving back and forth with that shy eager smile on your face but the person you're waving at keeps looking past you.
- •So then you get kind of silly.
- •Like jumping up and down. Waving your whole arm now and you're balancing on the toes your slightly laughing to yourself because you know how silly you look.
- •Then you start getting desperate. You're straight up jumping up and down, flailing both arms, you're not smiling anymore because you're starting to get frustrated.
- •Because despite how hard you try and how much you yell and scream nobody you're trying to wave down is paying you one moment of real attention.
- •But then they simply look at you, and without even a nod or a shrug the just turn an walk the opposite way.
- •Because that's the circle I'm stuck In. With my best friends. Guys I know. My boss. Etc.
- •No matter how many light bulbs I rush over to replace on my dime and time. No matter how many texts of Encouragement. Or extra hours worked.
- •I'm stuck waving while they're walking the other way.
- •But that makes me painfully eager for the one person who doesn't turn.
- •Someone who truly appreciates the moment I rush over to help change a light bulb for them, or help make their nieces dinner because they can't even boil water.