A Few Modern Short Stories That You Gotta Read
Bored? Uninspired? Read these. 👏🏻.
- •Soldier's Home- Ernest HemingwayAll about the verbs baby. Hemingway uses the simplest possible verbs. Yet these sentences are packed with SO MUCH meaning :::swoon::::
- •Big Two-Hearted River Part I & II- Ernest HemingwayPay attention to syntax/grammar/word choice. 👌🏼.
- •The Girls in their Summer Dresses- Irwin ShawA few notes: sophisticated lightness in the tone of this narrative. So much so that it draws you in. Seeks to solve a social/societal question. The setting- NY- is very important.
- •Fat- Raymond CarverAnything written by Carver is excellent.
- •Neighbors- Raymond Carver
- •What We Talk About When We Talk About Love- Raymond CarverMust, must, must, must read. This one is 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼.
- •The Swimmer- John CheeverMight be my favorite in this list.
- •The Rocking Horse Winner-D. H. LawrenceThis'll take a minute. He gets RULL weird with it.
- •The Lottery- Shirley JacksonThis one is tres dark too. And at the end.. Everything becomes RULL Hunger Games.