REASONS WHY STARTING MY OWN BUSINESS HAS BEEN GREAT: WEEK ONE
I left my job of a decade at the end of 2015 to strike out on my own. Crazy or crazy like a fox?
- •I still set an alarm everyday, but it's for 8am instead of 7am
- •I've worked out almost every day this week.
- •Now that I'm not at the office and stressed for time, I'm making more meals at home.
- •The people who I've met with this week like my ideas and want proposals.
- •Hanging out with my dog more (plus, eliminating dog walker from my budget.)
- •I'm still busy and still have meetings, but they tend to be at coffee shops or co-work spaces. The variety is refreshing.
- •Have confirmed three vacation house swaps for this year (via HomeExchange.com), so I can still travel while being frugal.
- •No annual reviews.
- •I know a lot of amazing people, many of whom have pitched in to help. Friends have created logos for me, are helping build my website and referring business my way. But, I can also already tell that I'm going to meet a ton of new people this way. Love that.
- •I miss my team. But, I'm just making plans to see them for lunches and coffees. Will be cool to shift from boss to friend.