Already on li.st? Open in app.
My list, my rules ( meaning, not going off of Oscars but how much I love the movie- eighties child alert!)
- 1.Less Than Zero
- 2.Tropic Thunder
- 3.Back to School
As inspired by @roche
- 1.The Big Lebowski
- 2.The Big LebowskiNo, not a typo- it's just that brilliant. Of course, I am the fangirl that goes to Lebowski Fests so...
- 3.O Brother, Where Art Thou
Taken by an amateur photog- namely, yours truly
- •From a storm last week in AZ
- •From a couple weeks ago in AZ
- •From the air, Boston to Phx
Admission- I didn't always know some of these were covers. My husband finds this Hilarious.
- •RIP Prince Rogers Nelson
- •NOT baked as chipsSomeone gave me a cheddar kale chip sample at the store recently. I thought, 'Why not, how bad could it be?' and took a big bite. And ran to find a napkin to spit it out. Who is buying these things? Are they in duress?
- •NOT blended in a smoothie with its wonderful, actually tasty, cousin, SpinachKale in a smoothie tastes like old, worn out pieces of Spinach that have found a place to die.
- •NOT as salad leavesI chew...and chew...and chew...and Good Lord is it re-spawning??
- •Those are essentially the three ways this diabolical vegetable has been sold to me, as in, 'Oh, try it in _____, it's very good that way and not so bitter.'Well, now we know which of our friends are slaves to a darker order, don't we?
Inspired by @marissarae ( not counting 'a' or 'the' ). I'm assuming one can guess my age by the bands listed!
- •A Perfect Circle
- •Bauhaus, Bryan Setzer Orchestra, BRMCThe Beach Boys, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Billy Idol, Boston, Bad Religion
- •The Cure, Crank, Concrete Blonde
This could get loong so grab a tasty beverage if so inclined
- 1.RammsteinLove their music, but throw in some creepy vaudeville and massive amounts of pyrotechnics and I'm over the moon
- 2.MinistryI've seen them thrice. Last year I did the meet and greet- Sin was super cool, and Cesar Soto was a sweetheart. Cesar actually ran up to me after the show and picked me up in a huge bear hug then vanished- most awesome fan appreciation moment EVER
- 3.Nine Inch NailsFirst time- Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa- Reznor swung out in front of me from this rope and ladder deal, and I snagged a fragment of his fishnets ( which some horrible person stole from my dorm a year later). The next show was a huge arena with Marilyn Manson opening. Side note: Pretty Hate Machine is the best album ever made ( yeah, I said it)
Now Saturdays are barren tv wastelands of infomercials and talking heads ( heavy sigh)
- •Land of the LostNothing, I mean NOTHING, was scarier than a Sleestak. I was explaining this to my son last week and we watched the first episode on YouTube. I am now the object of so much 11 year old derision. ☺️
- •ShazamCaptain Marvel, a sweet van, and the goddess Isis- And wasn't there a Pegasus?
- •Hong Kong PhooeyScatman Crothers is all you need to know
- •NopeI tried to find a positive usage of this, one where it wasn't used in a curt manner, and failed. I consider it to be aggressive and rude, especially in print.
- •DoucheI think this word has really had its day and can now be relegated back to the confines of your mother's bathroom.
- •MopedDual use and different pronunciation per? This is the bane of the person who has learned most words via reading.