Favorite Band Experiences-unranked ( I Tried to, It's just...too Hard to Commit)
This could get loong so grab a tasty beverage if so inclined
- •RammsteinLove their music, but throw in some creepy vaudeville and massive amounts of pyrotechnics and I'm over the moon
- •MinistryI've seen them thrice. Last year I did the meet and greet- Sin was super cool, and Cesar Soto was a sweetheart. Cesar actually ran up to me after the show and picked me up in a huge bear hug then vanished- most awesome fan appreciation moment EVER
- •Nine Inch NailsFirst time- Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa- Reznor swung out in front of me from this rope and ladder deal, and I snagged a fragment of his fishnets ( which some horrible person stole from my dorm a year later). The next show was a huge arena with Marilyn Manson opening. Side note: Pretty Hate Machine is the best album ever made ( yeah, I said it)
- •Peter MurphyOh, that voice...those eyes...met him his last tour, random guy had an extra VIP meet n greet ticket and my husband was awesome and didn't give me grief for accepting the extra ticket. Pic is of that meeting with my big stupid permagrin I kept for days!
- •Duran DuranI still have my scrapbook- such a Durannie. Some friends pooled together and bought me a ticket for my 30th birthday- all five original members! I was so worried I'd missed the window but they were perfection ( sorry, Roger, list app cuts my photos off).
- •Type O NegativeSwoon swoon swoon swoon ( RIP Peter).
- •Concrete BlondeJust bad ass
- •Reverend Horton HeatI've seen 10? 11? shows, and they always kill it
- •The Red Elvises"Rock and Roll from Siberia"! These guys get the best mixed crowds.
- •Richard CheeseWrong has never been so right.
- •Black Rebel Motorcycle ClubGreat, but even greater live.
- •She Wants RevengeThe sleeper entry. Slightly sinister with an eighties nod is okay by me.
- •The DamnedI mean...it's freaking Dave Vanian and Captain Sensible!
- •Henry RollinsPower...intensity...rage...wrapped up in a muscled shell with little black shorts.
- •They Might Be GiantsA gigantic conga line with almost every audience member.
- •Mojo NixonA friend and I in a dive bar in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Drinking beers with Mojo in between sets while he played with my hair. Seriously. Turns out, he's even wackier looking now than he used to be, so here's a pic from his earlier days ( when I would have recognized him).