Karate Gal Problems
Women that do martial arts will relate
- •No more professional manicures.Seriously, what's the point? I've lost count the number of times I've cracked my thumbnails down the center.
- •Wearing your uniform to run errands after classes solicits clever banter."You're a black belt? You're not going to beat me up, are you?"
- •You catch yourself practicing your form in your head- sometimes with hand motions- at random times.Oddly, unsettling for others.
- •What...to do...with all the damn color/skunk belts earned to get to 1st degree? Or those from 1st to 2nd?
- •Choosing music for forms means a level of commitment rivaling marriage.Not to mention the precision to get the timing right between music and form
- •You've gotten used to saying, "No, I'm sorry, I can't. I have karate class/ a tournament/ qualifier/ belt test/ Supershow."
- •Buying a special wedding ring just to do martial arts in.Diamonds aren't for hitting heavy bags.
- •Choosing between creative answers or the truth when you've busted your knuckles. Again.
- •Not knowing where bruises came from- even when they are Huge!No, my husband doesn't beat me, but I appreciate your concern.
- •Hearing, "Wow, you don't look like you do martial arts?"We should have a 'look'...I assume they just mean, "Funny, you aren't Asian"?