Things You Would Like to Say to Family Members Who Believe Boys are Superior to Girls
My family has a double standard when it comes to the behavior of boys versus girls. Here are something I'd like to say out loud but never will.
- •You're sexist speech emboldens the males in out family to behave wildly because they were taught that it's in their nature to do so.
- •Droning on about the miraculous births of the few males in the family as if they were the second coming of Christ is mind numbingly dull.
- •Serving the men first at every meal is just rude. We are all hungry here and their portions leave little for everyone else.
- •Why do they get to control the music at every family function. I should be able to share the magic of Taylor Swift with the whole family.
- •So why has no one asked these boys when they're going to settle down and get married. I've been asked about three times since I started writing this list...