Advice To My Younger Self
- •You're going about it the wrong way.You don't need to hurt yourself to express your pain. Talk to friends. If they care, they'll try to understand. If they don't, they're not your friends.
- •Invest more time in things you love.Stop trying to please people and start pleasing yourself. Pick up that Ukulele, even if your friends think it's cringey. Sing till your heart is content.
- •You'll never be the best at anything.Perfection is not something that is possible to obtain. Don't beat yourself up when you aren't the best. There will always be someone better than you. Not everything is a competition. But don't let that stop you from doing what you enjoy.
- •Being Ginger isn't bad!Of course you've been picked on incessantly for those fiery locks, but they are what make you you. Don't worry, it won't hold you back in your endeavours of love forever. The boys will come around.
- •Stop listening to that music!As much as you think it is, it's not helping you. It's trapping you in a pattern of thinking that isn't healthy. Music can be expressive and beautiful, but it doesn't have to make you feel so low. Listen to The Smiths they are beautiful and, strangely, they will not make you want to hurt yourself.