IN DEFENSE OF PICKY EATERS
I really am not trying to be difficult.
- •We literally do not have a choice.Honestly, do you know how easy my life would be if I liked cheese? It comes on everything! But I don't and it is inconvenient for all of us.
- •I promise it's not personal!There is nothing wrong with the food you made. I just don't care for it and I'm sorry! You didn't do anything wrong and I definitely don't want to hurt your feelings.
- •No need to limit yourself, I can adapt.So, I don't like much, but I can probably find SOMETHING at almost any restaurant. If we're going to eat together and you really want something, I can probably make it work.
- •I tip accordingly.Sometimes my orders are complicated. But I recognize that and tip extra for the added effort and attention on your part. The flip side of this is that I think it's kind of rude to expect me to eat something I don't like if you've gotten my order wrong, so I'll probably send it back.
- •I'm a cheap date.Generally, the less fancy the restaurant, the easier it is to feed me there. I am always satisfied with chicken tenders.