THINGS TEXANS SAY
Just a transplant from California, trying to figure out what everyone around me is trying to say.
- •"I'm fixin' to [insert verb]."Alternate: "I'm fittin' to ..." Translation: I'm about to [...].
- •"Do what?"Translation: "please repeat what you just said."
- •"WHAAATTerburger"Translation: Whataburger. Gross fast food chain that Texans think is good because they don't know what it's like to have In-n-Out.
- •"Bless your heart!"Translation: "You've just done or said something stupid and I'm going to try not to be a dick about it."
- •"The confederate flag is just a symbol of southern heritage!"Translation: "I am incredibly racist."
- •"It's hotter than fish grease!"Translation: pending clarification.
- •Them there: a collection of people or objects over yonder.Suggested by @Gin
- •Over yonder: somewhere between 6 feet and 10,000 miles away from the person speaking.Suggested by @Gin
- •"Thataway"See: Over yonder.
- •"Big Red is my favorite soda."Translation: "I have terrible taste in soft drinks."