Resolutions for 2016
- •Self careA healthy and happy living space. Taking an extra few minutes to pet dogs in the common. Waking up early enough for breakfast. Hella bath bombs. Podcast nap times. The whole she-bang.
- •Get my driver's licenseOk, so it took me forever to get around to driver's ed, never mind finish road lessons, because my anxiety gets super bad when it comes to driving. I failed my road test once (because the instructor was a major jerk, truly) and I've put it off the whole time I was in college/living in the city. My permit expired twice already, whoops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- •Start my career off strongI haven't worked my tail off and graduated early for nothing! It's time to get crackin' on a sustainable career and put all my #marketable skills to use. Honestly I've never wanted anything more than to make my dad proud of me.
- •Build creditI'm almost 22 and my credit score still seems like a very abstract concept?? Credit is a thing adults do, right?
- •Make friendships more sustainableLast semester I got way too busy and overwhelmed, and well, neglected my friends. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in Boston with my pals, so it's important to make those lunch dates (or snuggle sessions if you're @brimattia) with the people I value the most.
- •.....but at the same time, stop feeling obliged to go out!I can't tell you the amount of times I left my heated blanket to have a mediocre time in a frat basement, or get my cutest booties sticky in a dingy bar. This is the year I start respecting myself more; truly listening when my mind and body need rest, and not a red solo cup and less than company.