I've been reading through old lists about IUDs and insertions and have done lots of research and now its time to make a decision!!
- •My main reasons for getting an IUD: not great at remembering to take my pill, I like the 99% no pregnancy rate, my new insurance doesn't cover bc (😒) so long term it's less $$
- •My options are Jaydess, Mirena and the copper IUD
- •Quick overview: Jaydess can last for 3 years, Mirena 5, and copper 10-12
- •Besides the amount of time Jaydess and Minena are super similar
- •I first started taking pills when I was about 13 because I was in competitive dance and wanted to be able to skip periods (wasn't having sex so that didn't matter) when I had competitions
- •I used to get very emotional during menstruation and took "personal days" every month because of bad cramps/ feeling lousy
- •I was on one pill for three months (don't remember which one) and was extremely bitchy and moody
- •Switched to a low hormone pill that I've been on ever since (7 years) Apri
- •So I guess my big question is whether to go for a hormonal IUD or the copper
- •Copper is less $ which is cool, but im a little scared to be totally off hormones because I've been on them (albeit a low dose) for so long that I don't know how heavy my periods will be without it
- •Hormonal IUDs are more expensive, but last longer and if I follow through with my plan to travel/ move to a developing country for 6+ months it would be ideal to not have to deal with prescriptions and possibly losing pills
- •I'm also on Prozac for depression which obviously helps with balancing out my mood
- •ANYWAY this is all stuff I've talked to my doctor about and have another appt Tuesday to make my decision but I am an super indecisive person and have to hear everyone's opinion before I make a choice
- •so any info/ experience/ recommendation is welcome!!!!
- •but maybe no horror stories (or leave out crazy details lol)
- •thank you!!!!