something I came across earlier this year that really resonated with me
- •stop saving things for special occasions!!!
- •eat the brownie on your way home from work
- •use a bath bomb on a Tuesday night
- •light an expensive candle while binge watching tv
- •use fancy dishes to have cereal
- •wear a new dress while you're running errands
- •because when we save these things for special occasions we subconsciously tell ourselves that
- •A) our day to day lives are not worthy of something great
- •and B) you don't deserve a treat unless you've reached a certain level of sad/low/hurt/boredom/desperation/helpless/whatever you're waiting for
- •this doesn't mean buy 20 new pairs of shoes at a time or order takeout every evening
- •and using stuff as motivation or using something sparingly is ok!!!!
- •but remember life is short and it's no fun to sit around waiting for the day that you think you finally "deserve" a cool experience or treat
- •so grab a fancy bottle of wine and watch an old movie by yourself because you deserve it!!!! :)