MUSIC I'M SUPER INTO LATELY
a (non-comprehensive) playlist of songs being played on repeat in my head.
- •Home by JOHNNYSWIMI come back to this song every couple of months & since JOHNNYSWIM recently released a live album (Live At Rockwood Music Hall) it's been my wake-up tune.
- •I Found A Heart // Volcano by Emily HearnEmily has one of the purest voices I've ever heard. & I've Found A Heart has sentimental value for me, so it's one of my favorites.
- •We'll Keep Running Forever by Joshua RadinI've seen J. Radin live a few times, and I always leave feeling so full of emotion & happiness. Also, he wrote some of the songs on his latest album while trying to get a girl to fall in love with him. It worked. You can't NOT love this album.
- •A Case Of You (cover) by Noah GundersenHoooly hell, if you want to hear amazingly raw vocals, then throw some headphones in, close your eyes, and press play. I bet you can't listen just once.
- •Unbreakable by Jamie ScottThe lyrics to this song hit home for me lately. "When you lose your way & the fight is gone / your heart starts to break & you need someone around now / just close your eyes while I put my arms above you / & make you unbreakable."
- •Nightingales by Everett ThomasI found this recently while rewatching 'Life Unexpected'. It's melancholic & I love it.
- •My Church by Maren MorrisThe lyrics are exactly how I feel about music - it's a spiritual experience. Maren sings it much prettier & with a perfect twang.
- •What Would I Do Without You by Drew Holcomb & The NeighborsIt's your new favorite love song (without all the cheese factor), I promise. Along the same lines, 'The Wine We Drink' is super incredible.
- •Way Down We Go by KaleoThis song makes me want to turn down the lights, pour myself a glass of whiskey, & stare out the window. I don't know. It's just really great.
- •Tragedy (Austin Cello Version) by Brandi CarlileIt's Grey's Anatomy in a song. & anyone who knows me & understands my love of Grey's will understand why this song is on the list.
- •Giants by Matt NathansonIt's the perfect pump-up song to finish a run with. I also thing Matt is super under-appreciated. His concerts are the perfect mix of a stand-up show and amazingly beautiful vocals.
- •From Afar by Vance JoyI've been OBSESSED with this guy ever since I saw him open for Taylor Swift on her last tour. The lyrics of this song could have been written about my heart.
- •Boys Like You by Who Is Fancy feat. Meghan Trainor & Ariana GrandeIt's more 'pop' than I usually like, but it makes me want to dance